Friday, May 21, 2010

Packing Up. . . and. . . We have a winner!

We leave for North Carolina on Saturday afternoon so I need to start packing up today.  Here are a couple of my last projects done this week. 

First, a little altered journal.  I am lost without my little book of passwords for my computer and I have been carrying it back and forth every year to NC.  This year I decided I needed one in each location.  I had a journal I had never used (I'm really not into journalling - I wish I was!) and decided I'd make it pretty for my passwords.  Now all I have to do is enter everything and remember to update both books!


This is an ATC I made for the Smokey Mountain ATC group I'm in.  The theme for June is "wings" so I decided to use some neat bee stamps I purchased last summer from Invoke Arts.  They have some of the most unusual, beautiful stamps I've seen, esp. the nature ones.  Thanks to my friend Bonnie Brock for introducing me to that company!  I used watercolor paper and then used watercolor crayons on the card after I stamped the bee skep.  Then I took my waterbrush and wet it and blotted it.  Added the charm (there is a little bee image underneath it), stamped "Queen Bee" and put a little glitter on the text.  I almost always use glitter, I can't help it!


And now we have a winner!  Thanks to my faithful little group (esp. my sister!) for looking at this simple little blog occasionally and leaving comments.  Sue has won the free collage sheet from Altered Pages!  Have fun with it, Sue!  I'll try to offer another giveaway once I get settled up in NC!

1 comment:

  1. I love Invoke - I have qite a few of their stamps. Nice job with the bee.
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete