Saturday, June 19, 2010

Well, it's been awhile. . .

since I posted!  We got to NC just fine, weather was great, then I flew to PA to drive with my mom back to the house.  On the way we stopped in Roanoke to see older son Matt and fiance Jen.  While there mom fell but recovered quickly.  When we returned to NC she wasn't feeling well and got progressively worse so we left a little early (June 8) to return to Sarasota.  By Sunday she was miserable so she and my one sister made a trip to the ER and turns out she had a twisted bowel - surgery on Monday morning, June 14, and today she is still in the hospital, but getting a little better every day.  All four of us sisters are here now, hovering and hoping to get her back to her independent state of living.  We realize that at 89 it may be a long journey but I hope and pray that she will make it!

I had a project I wanted to make for Jay for Father's Day so I worked on it a little every day, when I wasn't at the hospital, and it is finally done.  I originally got the idea from Ellen Hutson's blog, Simple Dreams.  I tweaked it a little bit because of our grown boys and she has two cute little girls - but I love the poem and I thought it came out really nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment