Thursday, June 18, 2009

By the sea, by the sea. . .



This month's theme for one of my trading groups is "beaches." I was inspired to make this card based on a larger card I made at a class a couple years ago. I tore the cardstock, wiped the torn edges with Versamark and stamped with a sand/snow stamp in Versamark, then embossed with gold tinsel embossing powder. Then I layered 3 pieces on the card and stuck the little shells between and on top of the layers so it looks like the shells are lying in the sand. I computer generated the text on blue vellum and tucked it behind the first layer of "sand." Actually, I realized I should have put the vellum on first as it was a little tough getting that layer to come up from the card once I had it glued down! I then mounted this card (3 1/4 x 2 1/4) on another card that is 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 and edged with a gold Krylon pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment